with access to painless blood sampling
At our Svábhegyi Children’s Clinic a wide spectrum of different laboratory tests are available, so reliable results are at the specialists’ disposal in a short time which could facilitate decision making in relation with the necessity of further examinations or treatments. We could provide a basis for the exact diagnosis by special allergological laboratory tests or any other complementary laboratory screenings which happen to be needed by the specialists in the course of children’s allergological and pulmonological examinations.
A few examples of quick tests which could give immediate and interpretable results:
- urinalysis – general urine examination
- phlebotomy including
- blood glucose test
- CRP test – showing the level of inflammation, bacterial/viral origin of the disease could be determined
- celiac disease test – prompt detection of wheat hypersensitivity from a single drop of blood
- examination of throat discharge
- strep test – detection of the most common bacteria, responsible for sore throat/pharyngitis, from the throat discharge
Allergy blood tests:
- total and specific IgE antibodies’ diagnostics
special allergy test – a so-called component resolved allergy diagnostic method (CRD) could be done from a single blood sample
Painless blood draw – does it really exist?
Yes, this service is within your reach in our clinic! Even adults do not easily accept the feeling of pain and – like children – they also fear of the accidental painful consequences of a medical intervention. Nevertheless we know that a properly executed blood draw is unpleasant rather than really painful. For our children both the unknown environment and the extraordinary situation in connection with the examinations may cause much anxiety. Either they know the procedure or not – both cases may be the reason for their fear. Being a child-friendly clinic we consider children’s information and reassurance very important since by this way we could avoid that examinations and therapies, needed for health preservation and recovery, will be accompanied by unpleasant experiences in a more than necessary extent.
What are the steps of painless blood draw – and how long does it take?
The “magic panacea” is an analgesic (pain relief) ointment developed for children. Steps of painless blood draw are the followings:
- locating an appropriate vein on the child’s arm
- applying some ointment – a bigger pea sized – to the skin surface of the located area
- covering the unspreaded ointment with a protecting foil which make the cream expanded
- in about an hour the covered skin surface will be insensible up to a depth of 5-6 millimeters
- relying on our promise for the painless intervention, the child – despite his fear – allows us to pick the covering foil off
by keeping to our word blood draw is painless and could be executed without any problem
What do we have to know about the "magic ointment"?
This cream (Emla) is being used in numerous countries by pediatric health care organizations but it is not for sale in Hungary so we need to purchase it from abroad. Fee of painless blood draw is HUF 3,500.